Wednesday, April 24, 2013

He SINGS Over Me...



Last night after spending some time in prayer I fell asleep listening to a beautiful worship song by Kari Jobe called The More I Seek You... I remember whispering Lord I need to hear from you.  I had a dream I saw beautiful colorful gemstones falling from heaven and covering my bed. As I watched them come down I heard scriptures and lyrics of songs. God's peace was overwhelming. I remember hearing scriptures from Song of Solomon I felt such an outpouring of His love. As I woke up I heard these words... 
He sings over me.  

Thru out the day I pondered on the dream and the words "He sings over me"... I thought it sounded familiar, perhaps the lyrics of a song but I was surprised n overwhelmed when I found the scripture of Zephaniah 3:17 
The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.... 

I love every part of this verse, such a comforting promise - God WILL do these things. Not based on what I do or don't do - He DOES them regardless. God takes such pleasure in me that He sings for me. Wow, who am I that the God of the UNIVERSE would SING OVER ME??? It blows my mind! 
A different version says that, "He will exult (leap for joy, be extremely joyful) over you with loud singing." It's so easy to try and find our worth in things and through people... When I think about God delighting in me, I'm humbled to think I don't deserve it, yet He loves me that much! 

He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing. Such love and tenderness of God.  As I think of my grand daughter Isabella rocking her in my arms when she's crying, I've tried to comfort her with a song, kisses, and lullabies. She stops crying long enough to listen to my singing, snuggling her, and loving on her. That's the image I see in this verse. God will quiet us with His love. When life is screaming out of control, we just have to listen strong enough forHim to sing over us "Hush little baby, don't you cry, Daddy's gonna sing you a lullaby." I just never pictured God singing to me. The thought of this great and mighty warrior combined with the tenderness of singing amazes me.

I feel like God has shown me a golden nugget of truth that I didn't realize before. I see in greater depth how God is my Daddy. Sometimes I am screaming too loud to hear Him next to me, soothing me, singing over me. My prayer is that I will delight in Him so He will delight even more in me. I am praying that I will be quiet enough to listen to His lullabies and smile back at Him with the same love He has been smiling at me... 

And like the lyrics of the song by Kari Jobe says... This LOVE is so deep, its more than I can stand. I MELT in His PEACE, it's overwhelming... 

Be blessed 

Pastora Allie 













1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! This is sooo profound !! At prayer service yesterday, all I did was cry in his presence because I felt an embrace like never before.... All I could think about is his love and faithfulness no matter our works, efforts and conditions his love is so reassuring and with this blog it shows just that!!

    ReplyDelete