Saturday, September 25, 2010

Salt Upon the Earth

Daily prophetic word
Salt Upon the Earth!

"This day I am increasing your savor," says the Spirit.  "For I have created you to be like salt upon the earth and even in this year My people shall be known for bringing a new kind of miraculous and righteous flavor to all their places of influence.  Watch it happen in the days before you!"

Prophetic Scripture:
Matthew 5:13 - Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt has lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
It seems at times like there are more Christians than ever who are content to blend in with the mindsets of the world.  It takes a valiant effort to keep that certain element in your life that sets you apart from the secular society.  This is why Jesus compares us to salt.  Salt has an element that makes food come alive like no other herb or spice.  Salt stands alone in its unique flavor and purifying elements.  So how do you know if you are still a salty Christian?  You will find yourself standing alone from the many secular mindsets and lifestyles of the day.  You will have a different take on many things from the non-Christian world around you.  Your views on raising children, television choices, attitudes and how you talk will be different.  Standing alone doesn't mean you are rude with people, but it means you don't adapt your lifestyle to the compromising spirit of the age.  If you don't make a daily choice to do so, it will become easier and easier to adapt certain ways of life that the Bible does not endorse and thus lose your salty savor.  Many Christians have fallen into that without even knowing it.  God wants to increase your savor once again.  He wants you to get back in His Word and refresh yourself on what kinds of lifestyles the Lord doesn't want you to be a part of.  The more you separate yourself from them, the saltier you will become as a child of God.  I believe, we are about to enter a time when many believers will say, "enough is enough."  They will decide to separate themselves from some things the world says are okay, but the Bible is totally against.  Many of these are much more subtle than others.  However, we are about to see a remnant of people who will stand out from the rest and God will look upon them as the true "salt of the earth."   These are those who will stand out with miracles, righteousness and the power of God.  They will be blessed and walk in the kind of prosperity that God gives in the days to come.  Let the Holy Spirit increase your saltiness today!

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,  I ask You to make me a salty Christian.  Cause me to stand out and give me the boldness to make decisions for righteousness when it is sometimes easier to fit in.  Help me to see clearly the difference between that which is righteous and that which is of this world.  Forgive me for every area that I have allowed in my life that has made me lose my salty flavor and I ask you to increase my spiritual savor and testimony in the earth today.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment