Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Dominion of a Living God

Daily prophetic word 
The Dominion of the Living God
"So take dominion now," says the Living God, "even as I have taken dominion over the darkness of this world.  For My glory shall be seen in you as you hold your heavenly seat of rule over the darkness that would try to intimidate you this very day."

Prophetic Scripture:
Daniel 6: 25-26 - …for he is the living God, and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.  He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in the heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

Often the trials of life and darkness that surround us in this world appear very intimidating.  When your emotions are trying to tell you how bad everything is, you can easily forget that you have been given dominion over these things.  That means you have the ability to stay in control and create a change in your situation.  You see, God created man to be a ruler.  In Genesis 1:28, he told him to have dominion, all the while knowing that there was an enemy out there who wanted to steal it away.  Adam and Eve fell when they lost control and gave their dominion away.  Trouble, trials, fears, habits and disappointments do not have to control you.  You can control them!  Take your rightful place of dominion and refuse to give it away.  You may be telling yourself, "I am trying to stay in control, but I can't seem to hold on!"  In the Scipture above, we find that dominion was not a problem for God.  He delivered Daniel from being torn apart in the lion's den because God was in control and ruled that entire situation.  All Daniel did was remain confident in God's dominion and he was delivered.  As a Christian, God lives inside you.  Therefore His dominion is in there too.  Be confident in that dominion when your situation is trying to take it away.  Never just give up with the attitude of "Oh well, I tried everything, I guess this is it, I am going to fail."  Do you think if Daniel had carried that attitude he would have been saved from the lions?  Possibly not!  God's dominion inside you is for you to maintain confident control in every situation.  It will rescue you from harm, and work signs, wonders and miracles!

Prayer:

Lord, I thank You for Your stable position of dominion.  I know that You have placed that same dominion on the inside of me.  I believe it.  Therefore, I take dominion over my situation regarding __________________________________.  I declare I have authority and I will be rescued and delivered from all that would try to devour me.  I expect signs, wonders and miracles to manifest as I take my seat of heavenly rule right now!  Thank You Lord!  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment