Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A place of communion

Daily prophetic word 
A Room Prepared
"For I am preparing you as a room for My Spirit to dwell and manifest in power," says the Lord.  "Yes, even as the anointing is preparing you to bring the meat of My table to the nations of the world, you will bring My wonders to many lost in darkness. For I have qualified you to bring them into the light!"

Prophetic Scripture:
Mark 14:15 - And he will show you a large upper room, furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

I believe the upper room, where Jesus shared the first communion meal with His disciples, was more than just a physical location.  That room had prophetic significance and meaning.  It was a preparation place for the coming of the Holy Spirit.  It was the place where Jesus taught them a new level of communing with the Father.  Then in Acts Chapter One, we find the people gathered in the same upper room anticipating God's Spirit to come upon them.  I believe every believer, should be an "upper room" believer.  That means we make our spirit a preparation place for the Holy Spirit to manifest His works.  Not just the works of good character, but also the works of power and anointing!  So, how do we create our "upper room" for such a purpose?  Well, just the way Jesus did with His disciples, we make our heart a place of communion.  That could be the literal communion meal, but also as a place of communion with the Father in worship and prayer.  Then, like the people in the book of Acts, we wait for the move of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  We do that through prayer and also by expecting the miraculous.  The early Christians were not just taking a nap the day the Holy Spirit fell!  They were waiting.  The word "wait" in Acts 1:4, literally means to stand in a place of warring expectancy!  In other words, you are doing whatever is necessary for the power of the Holy Spirit to be on your life and you will have it no other way!  You are determined to manifest the gifts of the Spirit according to 1 Corinthians 12.  You pray in the spirit and covet that type of supernatural anointing, just the way the early Christians did.  If you will commune with the Father and wait for the Holy Spirit this way, you will become an "upper room" believer prepared to bring the power of God to a dark and needy world! 

Prayer:

Dear Lord, I make my spirit a room for Your Spirit today.  I open my heart so that I may manifest Your anointing to the world.  Prepare me as I wait for You.  Teach me, Lord how to commune with You in the "upper room" of my spirit.  I receive that anointing upon my life today!  In the Name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment