Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ask God to Teach You

Daily prophetic word 
The Great instructor 
"For those things that you have struggled to know and understand in the past shall become easy to learn now," says the Lord.  "For I long to teach you carefully and instruct you in your everyday tasks.  Yes, I will teach you with supernatural anointing so you will avoid the troubles of the past."

Prophetic Scripture:
Psalm 27:11- Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

Here David is actually asking the Lord to teach him.  Sometimes we assume that God is teaching us automatically, and that is probably true.  The Holy Spirit lives inside of us and He is our teacher.  However, it is also important to ask God to teach us, especially in the specific areas of our lives where we need help.  For example, if you need help with parenting, begin by asking God to teach you the skills necessary to become a good parent.  The you can look for good Christian resources to help you, but it is important to ask God first, so that He is involved in the process of learning right from the beginning.  Sometimes we don't learn as quickly because we don't purposefully make God a part of our learning endeavors.  When God is a part, He will provide supernatural instruction that will take you far beyond what you could learn just through human study and effort.  David, in the verse above, asked God to teach him because he knew that there were many enemies out there who wanted to trap him.  Today, our main enemy is the devil, but there are many enemies we can avoid simply because we are well instructed in one area or another.  Knowledge is powerful and God wants to impart it to you.  Now that doesn't mean you won't have to do anything, but it means that coupled with your efforts, the Holy Spirit will add His power and make you learn things more quickly and according to the Word of God.  Go ahead, ask God to teach and instruct you today!

Prayer:

Lord, You are truly the great instructor.  You know all things and I believe that You want to teach me the things I need to learn.  Teach me Your ways, instruct me as I read Your Word and help me gain knowledge for the things I need in everyday life.  Teach me the skills in the area of __________________________ and I thank You that I will avoid the traps of the enemy.  I look to You as my teacher today!  In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment