Saturday, October 16, 2010

Develop New Habits

Daily prophetic word 
Old Habits Broken!
"So see, that I have placed the strength in you to break the old habits and mindsets," says God.  "I will cause you to rise above what seems to draw you back into failure, for know that I have made you able to stand confidently in the spirit, even this very day."

Prophetic Scripture:
Romans 7:23-25 - But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is an old saying that says old habits die hard.  In other words, the longer something has lived with you, the harder it is to get rid of it.  Recently, I decided to clean out our family coat closet.  I started pulling things from the closet and to my surprise there were things stored in that small space that I didn't even know how they got in there!  They had been in there so long, and should have been thrown away months ago.  The problem was that they had been sitting in the back of the closet undetected.  It is the same with bad habits in our lives.  They just sit there in the back of our minds and we don't always address the fact that they need to be thrown away!  However, these habits are often like some of those things we pull from the closet.  We have a hard time letting go of them!  We know we don't need them, but we struggle to let them go!  Some of these habits, might be secret sins.  Others may just be little quirks that are a part of our daily life which everyone around you notices, and they will happily agree that you need to remove them!  The Apostle Paul apparently had a hard time getting rid of a few habits too.  From the verse above it seems he struggled trying to remove some things.  The key he found, according to the verse above, was that Jesus is not afraid to put some of these items in the trash for us, if we will let Him.  How do we do that?  Romans 8:1-13, gives us a key.  It says that those who run toward spiritual things will be empowerd to overcome habits, but those who constantly focus on earthly things will keep their habits snuggly packed away in the closets of their life.  Jesus can deliver us from bad habits, if we will put our focus on the things of the spirit everyday and be willing to see every closet clean and clear!

Prayer:

Dear Lord, I thank You that Jesus has delivered me from every bad habit today.  I ask that You would come into all the closets of my life and help me clean out every part of them.  I command the bad habit(s) of _________________________ to leave my life right now!  I rise up to build new habits today in all areas of living.  Teach me Holy Spirit how to develop good habits today!  In the Name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment