Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A forgiving heart

Daily prophetic word 
Let it Go!
"Know that this is not the time to hold any offense in your heart toward another," says the Lord.  "Drop all feelings of resentment and anger in this season, even let them go from your thoughts.  For many answers to prayer are just waiting to be released out of the heavens for those of a forgiving heart."

Prophetic Scripture:
Mark 11:24-25 - Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

It is easy to overlook the fact that answered prayer and forgiveness go hand-in-hand.  Yet, no matter how we slice the pie, this is a biblical truth.  In Matthew 18, the story of the servant who asked his master to forgive him was shown a great amount of mercy and spared from prison.  However, that same servant went and found someone indebted to him and refused to show forgiveness like he had received.  As a result, the servant lost his answer to prayer.  His requests to his master were taken away from him once his master found out what he had done.  Prayer is the same way.  The things we pray for and ask God for in the expectation of His mercy toward us, are dependant on whether or not we are willing to show the same kindness and grant the requests of others with mercy.  The reason the Lord so despises an unforgiving heart is because everything we receive from Him has come through His forgiveness for us.  Every time He has supplied a new job, healed a loved one or answered our prayers, it is because we are forgiven and handed His mercy each time.  Therefore, that is how the Lord expects us to deal with others.  We have to look past their faults and let go of our offenses.  Besides all of that, offense brewing in your heart toward someone else will only tear you apart.  It will eat away at you and take away your joy.  You might ask, "Yes, but what about the joy they stole from me!"  Well, I say don't let them steal it further through an unforgiving heart!  Let it go and move on.  That is the road back to joy and when you do that the heavens are positioned to open over you and your most needed prayers will be answered!

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I choose today to forgive every person who has done wrong toward me.  I forgive _______________________________. I will no longer hold anything against them.  I ask You to bless them Lord.  Forgive me of those offenses  in my heart and I will not allow them in my mind anymore.  I thank You now that the heavens of blessing are open over my life and my prayers are being answered now!  In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment