Wednesday, October 13, 2010

God is your rear-guard

Daily prophetic word 
Protected from the Unexpected
"Know today that I am watching all your goings," says the Lord.  "Even from the unexpected, My protective hand will keep you safe.  For the secret plots of the enemy will be thwarted and not come near you this day!"

Prophetic Scripture:
Isaiah 52:12 - For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight:  for the Lord will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

So what exactly is a rereward?  No, it is not a typographical error.  It is a word that means "rear-guard."  It literally means that God's got your back!  Did you know that most military armor was always designed to protect you from the front?  Helmet, breastplate, shield and sword were all designed to help you confront the enemy when you see him coming.  But what about those sneak attacks that come from behind?  You know the devil does not play fairly and if he can he will try to attack you from behind when you don't seem him coming.  Of course, we know that is not the fair way to fight, but satan doesn't play by those rules of engagement.  However, God made a delaration in the Scripture above, that His presence will cover you in the front and from behind.  In other words, nothing is left exposed for open access to the enemy.  God will go before you and watch you from behind where you can't see the enemy coming.  You may not know today how many times the Lord prevented something from coming your way or averted an evil attack.  Today trust that God has your back and if you will not be fearful of "what might happen", then your faith will bring the power of God over every part of your life and good things "will happen."  God is your rear-guard today!

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I rejoice that You are watching my back today!  I declare that nothing can come from behind in a sneak attack to try and harm me.  I say with my mouth that all is well today over me, my family, my church and city.  I walk in the peace and protection of the Lord everywhere I go today!  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the meditation on God being my rear guard. That thought has been on my mind for some time. My prayer is that God continues to bless your ministry.

    ReplyDelete