Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tender-hearted

Daily prophetic word 
Acts of Kindness
"This day in all you do, do it with kindness," says God. "For it is in kindness and tenderhearted love that I am found.  Reach out through acts of kindness and I will be found of you to meet all your needs."

Prophetic Scripture:
Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. 

I recently heard a story about a group of Christian people who formed a committee to criticize and sue a particular ministry because they didn't like some things that ministry was doing.  Now, I don't know all the details of that ministry or even the entire story, so this is not to say who was right or wrong in the situation.  I am sure both sides had some valid arguments  However, what I do know for sure is that when we lash out in anger or backbiting, and create attempts to tear down one another in the church, we are missing one important ingredient.  It is called kindness.  God doesn't look for our great position on the issue and how right we are about something.  He looks for kindness, especially when we don't feel like being kind.  That is when kindness becomes so powerful.  You see, God sends rain to be a blessing on both the evil and the good.  In other words, even when He has the right to destroy the most wicked people, He does an act of kindness.  The verse above says we should find tenderness in our hearts for each other.  That means that we should  never be cold-hearted and harsh, even when we think we are right.  When we choose kindness, we are painting a picture of God.  The next time you wonder whether your acts toward others are kind or not, ask yourself what it would be like to be in their shoes, if someone else were doing that to you.  When you don't know for sure, err on the side of mercy, because one day you may be on the side of needing the kindness and mercy of someone else.  Do something kind for someone today.  Without question, you will find God right there participating in it with you.

Prayer:

Dear Lord, Teach me how to walk in kindness today.  I ask You to forgive me for treating others unkindly at times.  Give me a tender heart today and show me how to be a person who is kind.  I forgive every person and choose to be obedient to the law of kindness that says, if I sow acts of kindness, I will reap the same.  I thank You Lord, for that truth today.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment