Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Press Deeper

Daily prophetic word 
 Press Deeper into the Spirit
"Truly the precious things of the spirit shall be found of those who press into them," says the Lord.  "For this is not the time to live at ease.  So press in deeper to find Me this day and in the days ahead.  Yes, in that place you will find those things that have escaped you, which you have desired for a long time."

Prophetic Scripture:
Luke 16:16 - The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

The way people approached Jesus during the years when He walked the shores of Galilee, paints a picture of how the Lord wants us to approach Him now.  Luke 5:1, says the people pressed on Him, just to hear Him speak!  There were throngs of people crowding Him almost daily!  It always appeared that those who put the greatest effort into their pushing toward Jesus, received their blessing or miracle.  Think about it.  The woman with the issue of blood, pressed through the crowd (Mk. 5:27).  She got healed!  Then we find the young man who was lowered through the roof on a stretcher (Lk. 5:17).  The power of the Lord was present to heal the doctors of the law who were sitting there, but the one who got the miracle was the one who pressed toward it.  The rest missed their opportunity for a blessing.  These are only two examples, but the Gospels are filled with similar examples where the crowd and certain individuals pressed upon Jesus with incredible determination.  I think the Bible put those stories in there for our own lesson, which is:  If you want the precious things of God, if you want a miracle, then you have to press into Him!  If you are just casual about it or always tell yourself, "Oh, I could never have anything that good, because those things never seem to happen for me,"  then that is exactly what you will have--nothing!  If you want a deeper relationship with the Lord, then press deeper, go a little farther, and dig into it!  When you press toward spiritual things with determination and faith you will get exactly what you came to receive!

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, I make the decision to press deeper into the things of the spirit today.  I press toward You right now.  I press toward my miracle and blessing.  I declare that I shall receive today exactly what I came to obtain.  My answer shall not escape me because I press deep into the Lord today!  In Jesus' Name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment